From: cluckers on
I am running a query that I created in design view. I am linking a number of
tables together to get the result that I need. There are about ten fields in
the querry but I only need to display the values of two fields: 'Account' and
'Value'. There are multiple Values for each Account so I am trying to sum
the Values and Group By Account. On the Design view in the Total I choose
Sum for the Value field and Group By for the Account field. But it does not
group anything. It diplsays all entries that the query produces. Is this
becuase I have other non-displayed fields in my query? Is there a way to do
this?

Thanks
From: Daryl S on
Cluckers -

What you are suggesting should work. Post your SQL here so we can take a
look and help you figure it out. (Go to View SQL and copy/paste the SQL
statement here).

--
Daryl S

From: vanderghast on
The GROUP is made over all the fields with the GROUP BY selection in the
graphical designer (or all those which appears in the GROUP BY clause in SQL
view). Be sure to remove from the grid all other fields/expressions other
than the field Account, with GROUP BY selected. Since Value has SUM, not
GROUP BY, you keep it too.

Vanderghast, Access MVP

From: cluckers on
The problem is I use the other fields to filter the records that I want. If
I remove the other fields how do I use them to filter the records?

From: vanderghast on
You change the GROUP BY to WHERE, in the graphical designer.