From: Chirag on
If you are using PowerPoint 2007, you can perhaps save the presentation file
in the new XML format and look at the shape hierarchy in the slide's XML
data. You would have to process the .pptx/.pptm file separately though (not
through PowerPoint OM).

- Chirag

PowerShow - View multiple PowerPoint slide shows simultaneously
http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/powershow.html

From: Chirag on
And in previous PowerPoint versions, you can go through the HTMLProject
object of the presentation to access the groups and sub-groups. Again, you
need to parse the XML data.

- Chirag

Display Assistant - Display a slide show on multiple monitors
http://officeone.mvps.org/display_assist/display_assist.html