From: Rick on
Hi,

Can I link to the internet on my laptop via my mobile phone that has
internet access??? and if so, do you think the charges would be just
like using my mobile as stand alone ???

Thanks in advance.

Gary.
From: Steve Terry on
"Rick" <Shudderdun(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Can I link to the internet on my laptop via my mobile phone that has
> internet access??? and if so, do you think the charges would be just
> like using my mobile as stand alone ???
> Thanks in advance.
> Gary.

Probably?
My crystal ball is in for servicing so I can't tell what phone you have,
on what network, or tariff.

I can say that a Bluetooth connection will limit your connection speed
to around 1Mbps d/l, Whereas a USB lead wouldn't

Steve Terry
--
Welcome Sign-up Bonus of �1 when you signup free at:
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/G4WWK

From: jeevetha on

Nice sharing!!!
Thanks!!!

--
jeevetha
From: Garry Knight on
Rick wrote:

> Can I link to the internet on my laptop via my mobile phone that has
> internet access???

This is called 'tethering' and whether you can do it depends on several
factors such as whether the laptop has Bluetooth, and whether your network
provider allows tethering.

> and if so, do you think the charges would be just
> like using my mobile as stand alone ???

They can be massively higher. See my blog post for an example:
http://aintitpre.posterous.com/hidden-mobile-data-charges-ethical-or-not

--
Garry Knight
garryknight(a)gmx.net

From: Rick on
On Jun 30, 10:17 pm, Garry Knight <garrykni...(a)gmx.net> wrote:
> Rick wrote:
> > Can I link to the internet on my laptop via my mobile phone that has
> > internet access???
>
> This is called 'tethering' and whether you can do it depends on several
> factors such as whether the laptop has Bluetooth, and whether your network
> provider allows tethering.
>
> > and if so, do you think the charges would be just
> > like using my mobile as stand alone ???
>
> They can be massively higher. See my blog post for an example:http://aintitpre.posterous.com/hidden-mobile-data-charges-ethical-or-not
>
> --
> Garry Knight
> garrykni...(a)gmx.net

Thanks for your reply and interesting blog

Gary