From: Stig on
THANKS G!
The system restore WORKED! Cheers, c

From: kitekrazy on
Sue Morton wrote:
> You might still want to call them. Since the DAW came with Sonar
> pre-installed you should have been given the DVDs to reinstall it. Do you
> not have those? If you don't then demand them you're entitled to them (or
> maybe you're running a bootleg copy of Sonar?).

It may be who he bought the DAW from installed a bootleg copy.

There is no OEM version of Sonar.

They were suppose to give you DVDs of the program.
From: kitekrazy on
Stig wrote:
> No, it's a legit copy, I had to be karmically (sp?) correct on this
> computer. I do have the DVD, but IT'S WORKING NOW!!! Thanks c

Good. I find System Restore is something I enable a lot more. It use
to be recommended not to use it but it's been quite useful if you
download Windblows Updates.
From: Sue Morton on
Hi KK, thanks it wasn't clear from what I wrote, but I mean a bootleg
installed by the people who sold him the DAW. In any event he says he has
the DVDs and it's legit. Dunno why he didn't reinstall it to fix the
problem though... but maybe it's better he did the System Restore as G'Bo
suggested. Maybe he got virused...
--
Sue Morton

From: kitekrazy on
Sue Morton wrote:
> Hi KK, thanks it wasn't clear from what I wrote, but I mean a bootleg
> installed by the people who sold him the DAW. In any event he says he has
> the DVDs and it's legit. Dunno why he didn't reinstall it to fix the
> problem though... but maybe it's better he did the System Restore as G'Bo
> suggested. Maybe he got virused...

I think I had the same problem he did years ago but it was with either
Home Studio or Music Creator.