From: Divenpuke on
SOMEBODY HELP ME!
I've been working on a project for a week straight and now the files won't
open!!! I've rebooted like 40 times, I can't find any of the temp files,
AHHHHHHHH!!! It won't open ANY solidwoks files now, even old ones. I can't
even save a new part that I've created! Here's the hard part...I don't
have the CD's anymore to reinstall. Any suggestions?

This is the error it gives me:

---------------------------
SolidWorks
---------------------------
hemi.SLDPRT
Unable to register document.
The document may already be open.
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

Jason.
solidworks '07 sp2.

From: John Layne on

"Divenpuke" <divenpuke(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
> SOMEBODY HELP ME!
> I've been working on a project for a week straight and now the files won't
> open!!! I've rebooted like 40 times, I can't find any of the temp files,
> AHHHHHHHH!!! It won't open ANY solidwoks files now, even old ones. I
> can't even save a new part that I've created! Here's the hard part...I
> don't have the CD's anymore to reinstall. Any suggestions?
>

> This is the error it gives me:
>
> ---------------------------
> SolidWorks
> ---------------------------
> hemi.SLDPRT
> Unable to register document.
> The document may already be open.
> ---------------------------
> OK
> ---------------------------
>
> Jason.
> solidworks '07 sp2.

If I were you I'd ring my VAR and get them to help.

From: MM on

Sounds like it's a corrupt user registry for Solidworks.

If you feel comfortable with it, delete the following key under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Solidworks\Solidworks 2006 (or whatever version
that's giving you problems). Don't delete any other folders (keys) from
under the main Solidworks one. This will set Solidworks back to the default
installed state

"MAKE SURE" you're in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" and not "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

A quick way to test this is to log on as administrator, or another user, and
see if it fixes it.

Good luck

Mark

From: ryanhay on
call the Var that is why you have support in cases like this

never seen this in 10 yrs

From: Phil Evans on
I seem to remember this happening last year.

I believe it had something to do with Solidworks crashing and not
releasing files

Close all instances of Solidworks.

Cntrl-alt-del and make sure no instances of Solidworks are running
in the Processes tab.

Do a search for tilda (~)files and delete them.

Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 Final
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet