From: Freddie Clark on
Bought a new HIS Turbo X1950 Pro 512mB Pci and constantly get VPU recover
messages when playing any fairly intensive games.
I have an Enermax Liberty 620 watt PSU, with only the HIS radeon on one of
the 12v rails. I have this problem with 7.2, 7.4 and 7.5 drivers.
Drivers were un-installed and ran drivercleaner each time, have also tried a
complete windows reload.
I am using Win XP pro SP2 and all updates.
I can play SPWAW fine and all my daughters barbie/educational games work
fine.
MoBo temps are 43�C/48�C Case/CPU and the Radeon never exceeds 52�C.
Games I am trying are Serious Sam, Silent Storm. Farcry, COD/COD2, MOHAA.
Any thoughts would be appreciated, or recommendations for a good Nvidia card

cheers
Freddie

From: First of One on
So turn off VPU recover and see what happens.

From: SpamBox on

"First of One" <root(a)127.0.0.1> wrote in message
> So turn off VPU recover and see what happens.

> "Freddie Clark" <fredclark(a)loxinfo.co.th> wrote in message
>> Bought a new HIS Turbo X1950 Pro 512mB Pci and constantly get VPU recover
>> messages when playing any fairly intensive games.
>> I have an Enermax Liberty 620 watt PSU, with only the HIS radeon on one
>> of the 12v rails. I have this problem with 7.2, 7.4 and 7.5 drivers.
>> Drivers were un-installed and ran drivercleaner each time, have also
>> tried a complete windows reload.
>> I am using Win XP pro SP2 and all updates.
>> I can play SPWAW fine and all my daughters barbie/educational games work
>> fine.
>> MoBo temps are 43�C/48�C Case/CPU and the Radeon never exceeds 52�C.
>> Games I am trying are Serious Sam, Silent Storm. Farcry, COD/COD2, MOHAA.
>> Any thoughts would be appreciated, or recommendations for a good Nvidia
>> card
>>
>> cheers
>> Freddie

I have never used VPU recovery since ATI introduced it. As suggested, turn
it off and see if your problems go away.

From: Freddie Clark on
Tried that,
Games just lock up the computer and generally it needs a reset.

regards
Freddie

"SpamBox" <spam.box(a)virgin.net> wrote in message

> "First of One" <root(a)127.0.0.1> wrote in message
>> So turn off VPU recover and see what happens.
>>
>> --
>> "War is the continuation of politics by other means.
>> It can therefore be said that politics is war without
>> bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."
>>

>> "Freddie Clark" <fredclark(a)loxinfo.co.th> wrote in message
>>> Bought a new HIS Turbo X1950 Pro 512mB Pci and constantly get VPU
>>> recover messages when playing any fairly intensive games.
>>> I have an Enermax Liberty 620 watt PSU, with only the HIS radeon on one
>>> of the 12v rails. I have this problem with 7.2, 7.4 and 7.5 drivers.
>>> Drivers were un-installed and ran drivercleaner each time, have also
>>> tried a complete windows reload.
>>> I am using Win XP pro SP2 and all updates.
>>> I can play SPWAW fine and all my daughters barbie/educational games work
>>> fine.
>>> MoBo temps are 43�C/48�C Case/CPU and the Radeon never exceeds 52�C.
>>> Games I am trying are Serious Sam, Silent Storm. Farcry, COD/COD2,
>>> MOHAA.
>>> Any thoughts would be appreciated, or recommendations for a good Nvidia
>>> card
>>>
>>> cheers
>>> Freddie
>>>

> I have never used VPU recovery since ATI introduced it. As suggested, turn
> it off and see if your problems go away.

Pages: 1
Prev: GV-AF64DGE
Next: No OpenGL for Radeon Xpress 1100?