From: BDB on
I have a new laptop with Vista and a Radeon Xpress 1100. The Catalyst
software says "OpenGL Version: Not Available". Trying to run an OpenGL
game such as RTCW confirms this, saying "could not load OpenGL subsystem".
Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks!
From: Augustus on

"BDB" <noemail(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have a new laptop with Vista and a Radeon Xpress 1100. The Catalyst
> software says "OpenGL Version: Not Available". Trying to run an OpenGL
> game such as RTCW confirms this, saying "could not load OpenGL subsystem".
> Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks!

Although the later versions of Catalyst for the X1100 series and other
integrated ones have supported OpenGL for while (since 7.1 I think), you
have a laptop and frequently these things only take specific drivers from
the laptop manufacturer who apparently is not quite up to date with the
current Catalyst features. What laptop make and model? There are sometimes
workarounds, like a mobility modder from Driver Haven, but sometimes you're
SOL.

From: PhxGrunge on

Check at http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/ for laptop video drivers.

From: Augustus on
> It's an Acer Aspire 5100 with an AMD Turion 64 (MK-36) in it. Would
> dumping Vista for XP possibly solve this OpenGL problem? I'm already
> tempted to do that.

That would depend upon whether or not the laptop will accept and install the
standard ATI/AMD catalysts for the Xpress1100 IGP.

Pages: 1
Prev: HIS X1950 Pro Pci and VPU recover
Next: DVI vs VGA