From: randall on
hi all,

anybody familiar with this hongkong based voip provider?
http://www.2b.com.hk

they seem to have a windows only client program but i was hoping to use
a package available in debian to use my account.

anybody tried that?

thanks

Randall

On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 13:24:21 +0200, randall wrote:

> anybody familiar with this hongkong based voip provider?
> http://www.2b.com.hk
>
> they seem to have a windows only client program but i was hoping to use
> a package available in debian to use my account.
>
> anybody tried that?

Mmmm, no "that" exactly but I have successfully configured a "12voip"
account on Ekiga by just filling the required data (sip port, proxy
server, password...).

If you cannot find any information on 2B website about how to configure
their VoIP service using stantard SIP devices (software or hardware
based), you better ask them directly to get an accurate feedback.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

On Mon 09 Aug 2010 at 13:24:21 +0200, randall wrote:

> they seem to have a windows only client program but i was hoping to use
> a package available in debian to use my account.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Hong+Kong+Broadband

It's a SIP based service so a client like twinkle should be suitable.
However, like all things VoIP it may not be as straightforward as it
should be. The settings for the service apply to any client but don't
expect the company's support to guide you through configuring a
Linux based one.