From: sarahandus on
CC Cleaner lists this as an unwanted item, however I am unable to delete it.

What is it? And how would you go about getting rid of it?

thank you~
From: John John - MVP on
sarahandus wrote:
> CC Cleaner lists this as an unwanted item, however I am unable to delete it.
>
> What is it?

A search for the GUID {80b8c23c-16e0-4cd8-bbc3-cecec9a78b79} reveals
that it belongs to Avira.

> And how would you go about getting rid of it?

Do you have Avira installed on your computer?

John
From: John Wunderlich on
=?Utf-8?B?c2FyYWhhbmR1cw==?= <sarahandus(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in news:BD126A59-E18F-440D-AD80-F0493703CE8A(a)microsoft.com:

> CC Cleaner lists this as an unwanted item, however I am unable to
> delete it.
>
> What is it? And how would you go about getting rid of it?
>
> thank you~

To get rid of it, first back up your registry. Then boot from a
standalone windows CD like "Bart PE" or "Ultimate Boot Disk for
Windows". Then launch Regedit from the CD, mount the windows
system registry from your hard drive as a hive, delete the key, unmount
the hive, then reboot.

If you didn't understand anything above, you're better off not doing
anything at all. Chances are it's not hurting anything anyway.

HTH,
John
From: sarahandus on

"John John - MVP" wrote:

> sarahandus wrote:
> > CC Cleaner lists this as an unwanted item, however I am unable to delete it.
> >
> > What is it?
>
> A search for the GUID {80b8c23c-16e0-4cd8-bbc3-cecec9a78b79} reveals
> that it belongs to Avira.
>

> > And how would you go about getting rid of it?
>
> Do you have Avira installed on your computer?
>
> John
> .

Yes, I do have Avira, I wonder why CC Cleaner has decided this is an unused
extension? Ah well, no matter, it can just ignore it from now on.

Thank you very much for that information,
From: sarahandus on

"John Wunderlich" wrote:

> =?Utf-8?B?c2FyYWhhbmR1cw==?= <sarahandus(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in news:BD126A59-E18F-440D-AD80-F0493703CE8A(a)microsoft.com:
>

> > CC Cleaner lists this as an unwanted item, however I am unable to
> > delete it.
> >
> > What is it? And how would you go about getting rid of it?
> >
> > thank you~
> >

> To get rid of it, first back up your registry. Then boot from a
> standalone windows CD like "Bart PE" or "Ultimate Boot Disk for
> Windows". Then launch Regedit from the CD, mount the windows
> system registry from your hard drive as a hive, delete the key, unmount
> the hive, then reboot.
>
> If you didn't understand anything above, you're better off not doing
> anything at all. Chances are it's not hurting anything anyway.
>
> HTH,
> John
> .

Thank you John, I do understand the above. But as you pointed out it doesn't
seem to be hurting anything, so I'll just let it be.