From: Matteo on
Dear all,
as in subject I have to install the aspnet2.0 in a server running IIS anyway
I need that it's not enabled as default on each website (aspnet_regiis), only
later I will register some webisites with version 2.0 instead of 1.1

Anyone know how to do it? Any step by step guide about it?

Thanks in advance.

Matteo
From: Chris M on
On 24/02/2010 10:33, Matteo wrote:
> Dear all,
> as in subject I have to install the aspnet2.0 in a server running IIS anyway
> I need that it's not enabled as default on each website (aspnet_regiis), only
> later I will register some webisites with version 2.0 instead of 1.1
>
> Anyone know how to do it? Any step by step guide about it?

The key thing here is that ASP.NET 1.1 and 2.0+ sites cannot run in the
same application pool.

Register ASP.NET 2.0 as normal using aspnet_regiis. Ensure that your 1.1
sites are using the correct version of ASP.NET in their site properties.
Create a new application pool and associate all of your .NET 1.1 sites
with that pool (or use the default application pool for your 1.1 sites)

When you need to create sites using ASP.NET 2.0, create a separate
application pool for them and choose .NET 2.0 in the site properties.

Hope this helps,

--
Chris M.