From: "Tomasz Sienkiewicz" on
Hello,

is there easy way to compile wxDEV-C++ project on linux? Maybe I've chosen
wrong IDE for my project?
Please help

Thanks in advance
Tom

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

From: "Iulian-Nicu Serbanoiu" on
After having installed wx-dev package on your distribution ( or
install wx from source [./configure ............... ;make;make
install] ) you have a script called wx-config in the path.

The easiest way to compile is:

g++ `wx-config --libs --cflags` *.cpp

More detailed:

wx-config --cflags tells what flags are used to compile
wx-config --libs tells what flags are used to link

In the example above the two flags are combined in one because in that
case g++ also links besides compiling.

I also use sometimes wxDevCpp with wine in linux and it works without
problems ( Ubuntu desktop 6.06 - Wine 0.9.9 - everything from packages
). But I'd recommend
Dialog Blocks [cross platform] . It is indeed a great piece of software.

HTH,

Iulian

From: "Tomasz Sienkiewicz" on
Thank You, Iulian

frankly saying I was expecting something more sophisticated :) like
n-lines long commandline for g++ ;)

Thanks to you, I have successfully compiled my first, not yet ready, cross
platform application :)

regards
Tom