From: PremiumBlend on
Hello,

How would I program a start_row parameter like
the CHOOSE command uses into my TRAVERSE program?
When I execute the program for the first time I
will enter data into all labels but on subsequent
uses I want the highlight to be positioned at the
"\<) RT:" label.

\<< "TRAVERSE" { "OC:"
"BS:" "FS:" "\<) SETS:"
"\<) RT:" "DIST:"
"HEIGHT:" "ROD:" } {
2 1 } { NOVAL NOVAL
NOVAL NOVAL NOVAL
NOVAL NOVAL NOVAL }
DUP INFORM
\>>

Regards,

Mark
From: Gurveer on
On Dec 15, 9:39 am, PremiumBlend <mnhollin...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How would I program a start_row parameter like
> the CHOOSE command uses into my TRAVERSE program?
> When I execute the program for the first time I
> will enter data into all labels but on subsequent
> uses I want the highlight to be positioned at the
> "\<) RT:" label.
>
> \<< "TRAVERSE" { "OC:"
> "BS:" "FS:" "\<) SETS:"
> "\<) RT:" "DIST:"
> "HEIGHT:" "ROD:" } {
> 2 1 } { NOVAL NOVAL
> NOVAL NOVAL NOVAL
> NOVAL NOVAL NOVAL }
> DUP INFORM
> \>>
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark

I wonder if that's even possible in User RPL. But if you know System
RPL or you really wanna do it, there's a good example in "Programming
in System RPL" by Eduardo which describes the use of the particular
message handler.

Regards,

Gurveer
From: elturco on
On Dec 16, 2:21 am, Gurveer <gurveer....(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 15, 9:39 am, PremiumBlend <mnhollin...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > Hello,
>
> > How would I program a start_row parameter like
> > the CHOOSE command uses into my TRAVERSE program?
> > When I execute the program for the first time I
> > will enter data into all labels but on subsequent
> > uses I want the highlight to be positioned at the
> > "\<) RT:" label.
>
> > \<< "TRAVERSE" { "OC:"
> > "BS:" "FS:" "\<) SETS:"
> > "\<) RT:" "DIST:"
> > "HEIGHT:" "ROD:" } {
> > 2 1 } { NOVAL NOVAL
> > NOVAL NOVAL NOVAL
> > NOVAL NOVAL NOVAL }
> > DUP INFORM
> > \>>
>
> > Regards,
>
> > Mark
>
> I wonder if that's even possible in User RPL. But if you know System
> RPL or you really wanna do it, there's a good example in "Programming
> in System RPL" by Eduardo which describes the use of the particular
> message handler.
>
> Regards,
>
> Gurveer

I would put the parameter that you want to overwrite at the first line
that is where the choose highlight position starts,
and save the other parameters, that way the fields will appear with
the last saved parameters (I have already done it in my traverse).
the point is to replace the NOVAL values for the last saved parameters
in a specific folder (automaticaly of course).
when you close the program you can delete all parameters so when you
start the traverse all the fields will be blank the first time.
From: PremiumBlend on
On Dec 16, 12:21 am, Gurveer <gurveer....(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 15, 9:39 am, PremiumBlend <mnhollin...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > Hello,
>
> > How would I program a start_row parameter like
> > the CHOOSE command uses into my TRAVERSE program?
> > When I execute the program for the first time I
> > will enter data into all labels but on subsequent
> > uses I want the highlight to be positioned at the
> > "\<) RT:" label.
>
> > \<< "TRAVERSE" { "OC:"
> > "BS:" "FS:" "\<) SETS:"
> > "\<) RT:" "DIST:"
> > "HEIGHT:" "ROD:" } {
> > 2 1 } { NOVAL NOVAL
> > NOVAL NOVAL NOVAL
> > NOVAL NOVAL NOVAL }
> > DUP INFORM
> > \>>
>
> > Regards,
>
> > Mark
>
> I wonder if that's even possible in User RPL. But if you know System
> RPL or you really wanna do it, there's a good example in "Programming
> in System RPL" by Eduardo which describes the use of the particular
> message handler.
>
> Regards,
>
> Gurveer- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the reply! I knew you had to use
System-RPL for this but since I know very little
about that I was hoping someone could help me
out. I'll check out the book you mentioned and
see if I can figure it out.
From: PremiumBlend on
On Dec 16, 7:04 am, elturco <anuara...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 16, 2:21 am, Gurveer <gurveer....(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Dec 15, 9:39 am, PremiumBlend <mnhollin...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hello,
>
> > > How would I program a start_row parameter like
> > > the CHOOSE command uses into my TRAVERSE program?
> > > When I execute the program for the first time I
> > > will enter data into all labels but on subsequent
> > > uses I want the highlight to be positioned at the
> > > "\<) RT:" label.
>
> > > \<< "TRAVERSE" { "OC:"
> > > "BS:" "FS:" "\<) SETS:"
> > > "\<) RT:" "DIST:"
> > > "HEIGHT:" "ROD:" } {
> > > 2 1 } { NOVAL NOVAL
> > > NOVAL NOVAL NOVAL
> > > NOVAL NOVAL NOVAL }
> > > DUP INFORM
> > > \>>
>
> > > Regards,
>
> > > Mark
>
> > I wonder if that's even possible in User RPL. But if you know System
> > RPL or you really wanna do it, there's a good example in "Programming
> > in System RPL" by Eduardo which describes the use of the particular
> > message handler.
>
> > Regards,
>
> > Gurveer
>
> I would put the parameter that you want to overwrite at the first line
> that is where the choose highlight position starts,
> and save the other parameters, that way the fields will appear with
> the last saved parameters (I have already done it in my traverse).
> the point is to replace the NOVAL values for the last saved parameters
> in a specific folder (automaticaly of course).
> when you close the program you can delete all parameters so when you
> start the traverse all the fields will be blank the first time.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks to you both! I think the example I used
was a poor choice. Probably a SIDESHOT program
would have been better because the only fields
that you would enter data into would be "\<) RT:",
"DIST:", and maybe "ROD:" (if in 3-D mode). There
has to be a way for the program to place the
highlight at any field. I'll check out the book
that Gurveer mentioned.