From: Gjermund Skailand on
Hi,
"Gjermund Skailand" <gjermund_skailand(a)yahoo.no> wrote in message
> HI
> WARNING, my hp just went plain dead. Perhaps you should not do as I
> suggested. I doesn't look good. I have changed batteries, tried

Turned out I had to reflash the ROM of the hp49g+.
It only reacted to the sequence for updating the rom.

Never thought I could wreck the ROM by accident...

Maybe somebody has any comments?

Best regards
Gjermund Skailand

From: John H Meyers on
On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 06:56:40 -0500, Gjermund Skailand wrote:

> What you want to look at is FPTR2 ^VXXLext

For safety try:

:: CK2&Dispatch SYMID :: FPTR2 ^VXXLext SWAPDROP ; ;

With args 'X^2-5*X+6' 'X' [in Exact mode]
you'll get a coefficient list of exact integers,

but with args 'X^2.-5.*X+6.' 'X' [real-valued coeffs]
you'll get a coefficient list of %% (double-precision reals),
which need further digesting for normal output (AXL aborts).

If there is *mixed* (integer and real) input,
then the resulting list is mixed (integer and double),
and "CAS annoyance" mode also sets in :)

These threads may also be of interest:

HELP WITH COEFFICIENTS [1999/11/09]
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.hp48/browse_frm/thread/b6ed96bb4e2e3f24

We have convolution!! [2000/05/17]
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.hp48/browse_frm/thread/e3674d8aaf4fde41
("real" inputs to 'CONV' also produce "double" results).

[r->] [OFF]
From: Veli-Pekka Nousiainen on
Virgil wrote:
> NOTE: DIV2 does quotient and remainder polynomial division.
> It assumes a dividend polynomial on level 2, a divisor polynomial on
> level 1, and the polynomial variable in VX in the CASDIR directory,
> and returns the quotient polynomial on level 2 and remainder
> polynomial on level 1
> BUT if the dividend on level 2 is a real number, DIV2 causes an error,
> which is handled by the IFERR in the program.
> If you only want to work in exact mode with exact coefficients, you
> can replace all of
>
> IFERR DIV2
> THEN DROP O SWAP
> END
>
> by a simple
>
> DIV2 .

XQ DIV2

From: Virgil on
In article <G_bIg.12562$7f7.1709(a)reader1.news.jippii.net>,
"Veli-Pekka Nousiainen" <DROP_vpn(a)dlc.fi> wrote:

> Virgil wrote:
> > NOTE: DIV2 does quotient and remainder polynomial division.
> > It assumes a dividend polynomial on level 2, a divisor polynomial on
> > level 1, and the polynomial variable in VX in the CASDIR directory,
> > and returns the quotient polynomial on level 2 and remainder
> > polynomial on level 1
> > BUT if the dividend on level 2 is a real number, DIV2 causes an error,
> > which is handled by the IFERR in the program.
> > If you only want to work in exact mode with exact coefficients, you
> > can replace all of
> >
> > IFERR DIV2
> > THEN DROP O SWAP
> > END
> >
> > by a simple
> >
> > DIV2 .
>
> XQ DIV2

What if you want your coefficients as reals?
My way lets you do it either way, reals or exacts.
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: hp 50g rom
Next: HP 50g + ROM 2.09