From: TommyRox on
I just installed Vista and I read that the 3.13 drivers will work but
when I try to run the SSJ668EN.EXE executable I get a "Not a Win32
Application" error. I have tried to run it on both a Vista and XP
machine with same results. I have downloaded and installed many HP
drivers but this is the first itme I have seen this.

Any help would greatly be appreciated :)

From: Barry Watzman on
HP explicitly says on their web site that the 5470C is not and will not
be supported under Vista. But if you find a way to do it, please let me
know, I have one also.

However, SJ668en.exe does work under XP, I'm using it and have installed
it several times.

From: Barry Watzman on
There is a CHANCE that you might get it to work as follows:

-Wipe the hard drive
-Clean install XP (preferably XP Home)
-Activate and Update XP
-Install SJ668en.exe (the HP 5470 software)
-Get the 5470C working under XP
-Make an image backup (in case you have to return to this point)
-Do an UPGRADE to Vista
-Make another image backup (just in case)

This MAY produce Vista with a working 5470C installation. MAYBE.