From: TranslucentAmoebae on
And Start putting RPL Graphic Calculation software into Aps for
Substantially superiour phones, pads, PDAs ( if they're still called
that )
and such...
From: Joel Koltner on
"TranslucentAmoebae" <transamoebae(a)seanet.com> wrote in message
> And Start putting RPL Graphic Calculation software into Aps for
> Substantially superiour phones, pads, PDAs ( if they're still called
> that )
> and such...

How many people do you know who'd be willing to pay, say, $49 for an iPhone
app that implemented a really nice, programmable RPN calculator, though?

Note that few if any students would, as no one's going to let them use an
iPhone while taking an exam...

From: datajerk on
On Aug 2, 1:09 pm, TranslucentAmoebae <transamoe...(a)seanet.com> wrote:
> And Start putting RPL Graphic Calculation software into Aps for
> Substantially superiour phones, pads, PDAs ( if they're still called
> that )
> and such...

Stop? I'm still waiting for them to start (again :-).

Jest aside, having good calculator apps for computers, tablets,
phones, etc... would be nice. However, not at the expense of the
"real" thing since they are used for testing and fun (my case).

BTW, emu48 is available for many popular devices (WinMo, iPhone, iPad,
Palm, Android). I use m48+ on my iPhone and iPad for my portable RPL
needs. I jump between emulated 48GX+MK and 49G.
From: Jim Horn on
Indeed - the day I received my Android phone (HTC Aria - it's
terrific!) I had Emu48 running on it just fine from the app store. No
muss, no fuss, no chocolate mess. My Palm Tunsgen E2 has now been
retired... And my HP 50g still gets plenty of use (thanks, Joe!!).
From: TranslucentAmoebae on
On Aug 5, 5:04 pm, Jim Horn <jamesludwigh...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Indeed - the day I received my Android phone (HTC Aria - it's
> terrific!) I had Emu48 running on it just fine from the app store. No
> muss, no fuss, no chocolate mess. My Palm Tunsgen E2 has now been
> retired... And my HP 50g still gets plenty of use (thanks, Joe!!).

Can you move data that these emulators create to a computer...?