From: Han on
The following is a release candidate for version 1.20. Changes include
being fully compatible with a modified version of extable (no worries,
the included extable library is backward compatible). Jazz does NOT
work with older releases extable; only the one that is included with
the Jazz package. It is now possible to compile "light" versions of
Jazz. However, this is still a slow and manual process at the moment.
What sort of "light" versions are people looking for?

SDB changes were mostly minor aside from reverting CK&DISPATCH1 to
behave exactly like the buggy ROM code. Any bug report would be truly
appreciated.

JAZZ 50G v1.20: http://www.math.uiuc.edu/~handuong/hp48/jazzv120.zip
SDB v1.20: http://www.math.uiuc.edu/~handuong/hp48/sdbv120.zip

Thanks, and enjoy.
From: Han on
Known issues:

- ED's call to DOB does not properly handle FPTR2 ^<entry> as I forgot
to update the code for Entr>Fptr (was still assuming old hptabs format
for flash pointer entries); this has been fixed in my current source
tree.

- Some entries/addresses in the extable2 library that was packaged
with Emacs 2.11 are "swapped." The extable library released with Jazz
1.20 was compiled using the most recent SupRom49.lr that comes with
the most recent Debug4x. For example, Andreas Moller pointed out that
the values for ^Chooose3OK_ and ^Choose3CANCL_ are swapped when
compared to the same entries found in extable2.lib. Whereas extable2
appears to be created from the Entries Database (version 2.11), Jazz
will always assume that SupRom49.* files are up to date and will
always rely on these files to build the Jazz version of extable. (Note
that the entries database is actually out of date).
From: TW on
> the values for ^Chooose3OK_ and ^Choose3CANCL_ are swapped when
> compared to the same entries found in extable2.lib. Whereas extable2

I think that is one I found a few years back and reported it (still,
probably be good to check it is correct). I found it while making a
custom choose that doesn't have a menu. . . you would not believe how
frustrating that one was to track down. I couldn't debug with the
emulator because it was running some arm code in there. My stupid code
should have been working fine. . . turns out it was the entry point
was swapped. . . :-)

TW
From: Andreas Möller on
> I think that is one I found a few years back and reported it (still,
> probably be good to check it is correct). I found it while making a
> custom choose that doesn't have a menu. . . you would not believe how
> frustrating that one was to track down. I couldn't debug with the
> emulator because it was running some arm code in there. My stupid code
> should have been working fine. . . turns out it was the entry point
> was swapped. . . :-)
>
> TW

There are more entries than these and even Carsten Dominik's HP 49/50
Entry Points database contains some errors (no wonder by several ten
thousands entries).
Unfortunately I did not keep all the errors in a single file as nobody
seems to care about it, where it occurs I have a note in my source
files and there are many source files on my harddisk :-)
Is Carsten's database still maintained ?

Regards,
Andreas
http://www.software49g.gmxhome.de
From: Han on
On Aug 11, 3:15 pm, Han <handuongs...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Known issues:
>
> - ED's call to DOB does not properly handle FPTR2 ^<entry> as I forgot
> to update the code for Entr>Fptr (was still assuming old hptabs format
> for flash pointer entries); this has been fixed in my current source
> tree.
>
> - Some entries/addresses in the extable2 library that was packaged
> with Emacs 2.11 are "swapped." The extable library released with Jazz
> 1.20 was compiled using the most recent SupRom49.lr that comes with
> the most recent Debug4x. For example, Andreas Moller pointed out that
> the values for ^Chooose3OK_ and ^Choose3CANCL_ are swapped when
> compared to the same entries found in extable2.lib. Whereas extable2
> appears to be created from the Entries Database (version 2.11), Jazz
> will always assume that SupRom49.* files are up to date and will
> always rely on these files to build the Jazz version of extable. (Note
> that the entries database is actually out of date).

- EC now handles FPTR2 entries like ED; this was missing but is now in
the current source tree.