From: RR on
Hello,

I've been using an HP28S for several years and I've heard there is an
emulator for windows. I've also been told that I need the ROM image for
using the emulator.

Is it possible to download the HP-28S rom image from somewhere? Or do I
have to extract it from my real calculator? I have a laptop with an
infrared port but I don't lnow how to do the transfer.

Anyone can help?

Thank you in advance. Regards

RR
From: Gerson W. Barbosa on

RR wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been using an HP28S for several years and I've heard there is an
> emulator for windows. I've also been told that I need the ROM image for
> using the emulator.
>
> Is it possible to download the HP-28S rom image from somewhere? Or do I
> have to extract it from my real calculator? I have a laptop with an
> infrared port but I don't lnow how to do the transfer.
>
> Anyone can help?
>
> Thank you in advance. Regards
>
> RR

Unlike the HP-48 ROMs, the HP-28S ROM is not publicly available. You'll
have to extract it from your real 28S. You can find complete
instructions, and the emulator itself, at Cristoph Giesselink's
website:

http://privat.swol.de/ChristophGiesselink/emu28.htm

Regards,

Gerson.

From: fbarbaise on
for the HP-28C emulator, use Emu28 and for the HP-28S emulator, use
Emu42 from Christoph Giesslink's site. You'll find also a complete
instruction set to extract the ROM on his site.

The extraction of the ROM takes a while. I advise you to include new
batteries before extrating the ROM. Thus, you'll need an HP-48sx or
HP-48GX to transfer the ROM file on the PC.

Good luck.

fred.

From: Howard Owen on
You actually need a 48GX with a port 1 RAM card merged with main memory
to download the Hp-28S ROM. It's a little over 128K which exceeds the
base RAM of any Saturn based 48.

I'm not sure if a 48SX with merged 128K RAM card would work, or if that
configuration is even possible.

From: Raymond Del Tondo on
Hi,

"Howard Owen" <hbo(a)egbok.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> You actually need a 48GX with a port 1 RAM card merged with main memory
> to download the Hp-28S ROM. It's a little over 128K which exceeds the
> base RAM of any Saturn based 48.
>
> I'm not sure if a 48SX with merged 128K RAM card would work, or if that
> configuration is even possible.

On an HP-48SX, you can merge *both* port 1 and port 2,
giving you a total merged RAM of more than 256K .
Of course merging only works if RAM cards are installed,
and amount of merged RAM depends on the capacity of the cards;-)

Raymond

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: who can fix the HP calculator