From: "Michael A. Peters" on
Ashley Sheridan wrote:

> That last reason could be why your email is failing! HTML email is the
> one place where it is actually better to code "the old way" with tables
> for markup, <font> tags, and very little (if any) CSS. If you do use any
> CSS, it's best left inline as well, as some email clients strip out
> anything within the <head> tags of your email.

Do e-mail clients handle RTF?
That would seem a better way to do fancy styled e-mail to me than to use
html tags in an e-mail.
From: Robert Cummings on
Michael A. Peters wrote:
> Ashley Sheridan wrote:
>

>> That last reason could be why your email is failing! HTML email is the
>> one place where it is actually better to code "the old way" with tables
>> for markup, <font> tags, and very little (if any) CSS. If you do use any
>> CSS, it's best left inline as well, as some email clients strip out
>> anything within the <head> tags of your email.
>
> Do e-mail clients handle RTF?
> That would seem a better way to do fancy styled e-mail to me than to use
> html tags in an e-mail.

<aside>
<em>*tongue in cheek*</em> I do HTML emails for the semantic tags!!
</aside>

:B

Cheers,
Rob.
--
http://www.interjinn.com
From: Skip Evans on
Ashley Sheridan wrote:
> That last reason could be why your email is failing! HTML email is the
> one place where it is actually better to code "the old way" with tables
> for markup, <font> tags, and very little (if any) CSS. If you do use any
> CSS, it's best left inline as well, as some email clients strip out
> anything within the <head> tags of your email.

Yes, that's exactly what I took away from the conversation.
HTML emails should be coded using "the old way".

Skip

--
Skip Evans