From: "Tom Kaminski [MVP]" <tomk mvps on
"David Smith" <DavidSmith(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Un-ticking the "friendly HTTP errors" box has bought up a more useful
error
> when I now run SMS reports. My problem seems to lie in my global.asa file.
> Particuarly the following line...
>
> Set Session("FormatMsg") = Server.CreateObject("SMSFormatMessageCtl") '
> reference to ActiveX
>
> Do I need to configure any ActiveX settings on the server?

You just need to make sure that SMSFormatMessageCtl is registered on the
server.

From: David Smith on
Tom,

Excuse my ignorance but how do you check that SMSFormatMessageCtl is
registrered?

From: "Tom Kaminski [MVP]" <tomk mvps on

'
> > > reference to ActiveX
> > >
> > > Do I need to configure any ActiveX settings on the server?
> >
> > You just need to make sure that SMSFormatMessageCtl is registered on the
> > server.
>
> Excuse my ignorance but how do you check that SMSFormatMessageCtl is
> registrered?

Typically there's some sort of install routine that will run and install
components. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with SMS so I don't know what's
involved in this particular case. Is there something that needs to be
installed on the IIS box?

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Using IIS 6 on Windows 2000 Server
Next: iisback.vbs