From: PV on
Hi,

windows server 2008 64bits with iis7

on some site i have on IIS i got this error with some files only, in this
case a .PNG file as others .PNG that are show on browser

i got this error:
HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found
The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or
is temporarily unavailable
Module IIS Web Core
Notification MapRequestHandler
Handler StaticFile
Error Code 0x80070002
Requested URL http://www.FAKEURL.com:80/images/file.png
Physical Path H:\Sites\\www.FAKEURL.com\images\file.png
Logon Method Anonymous
Logon User Anonymous

the file its there, if i copy it to file1.PNG and try go to
http://www.FAKEURL.com:80/images/file1.png it shows it on browser without
error.

also if i try go to http://www.FAKEURL.com:80/images/file2.PNG (dont exists)
give me same error as the first one with file.PNG (that exists). thats a
correct error since file at this moment isnt there.

after this i copy to there a file2.PNG and try see it with
http://www.FAKEURL.com:80/images/file2.PNG i still get the error after with
file on it right place/folder.

They show up on IIS directory browser, the ones that also doesnt show when i
type URL to see them.

what may be causing this? not showing those PNG files that are for real in
the right place.

thanks in Advance,
PV

From: PV on
Hi again,

the problem i said below... i noticed it at end of afternoon 6pm... but next
day at 8am... the ".PNG(image) and URL" that didnt show on webpage, started
to show ok...

What is causing this? some cache? how can i clean it if happens again
without have to wait?

because just now i tryed again access a new .PNG(image) without be on the
folder and gave me the same ERROR, i put the .PNG on the folder, go back to
browser and still says isnt there... and it is there.

thanks in advance,
PV