From: dowlers on
Hi,

Looking for some advice on providing a secure embedded webserver for
configuration.
Is there any open source webserver with support for HTTPS.

Best regards,

Eoin
From: Tim Wescott on
dowlers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Looking for some advice on providing a secure embedded webserver for
> configuration.
> Is there any open source webserver with support for HTTPS.

Apache, AFAIK. Never needed to use it, but if my Linux buddies are to
be believed it's the be-all, end-all.

I'm sure there are smaller ones, too.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com
From: Dombo on
Tim Wescott schreef:
> dowlers wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Looking for some advice on providing a secure embedded webserver for
>> configuration.
>> Is there any open source webserver with support for HTTPS.
>
> Apache, AFAIK. Never needed to use it, but if my Linux buddies are to
> be believed it's the be-all, end-all.

True, but it seems to a rather heavy solution for what the OP wants.

> I'm sure there are smaller ones, too.

Lighthttpd springs to mind, but there are plenty of others:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_server_software

How suitable they are for the OP depnds on the embedded platform.

From: D Yuniskis on
Hi Eoin,

dowlers wrote:
> Looking for some advice on providing a secure embedded webserver for
> configuration.
> Is there any open source webserver with support for HTTPS.

How complex is your "configuration"? E.g., is it comparable
to something like configuring a wireless access point? If
so, perhaps take a look at how others have done *that*
(e.g., download the sources for one of the linksys wireless
routers and borrow from there)
From: dowlers on

Hi Thanks for your advice.

For all your

> How complex is your "configuration"?  E.g., is it comparable
> to something like configuring a wireless access point?  If
> so, perhaps take a look at how others have done *that*
> (e.g., download the sources for one of the linksys wireless
> routers and borrow from there)

The webserver is an addition to an existing system. It uses the Keil
RL-ARM RTOS - so Linux is out for the moment.
Lighthttpd is very interesting, may be of interest for a future
project.
There is a HTTP server included with the Keil tools, which is perfect
for showing basic pages-but not secure pages.
There are comerical embedded webservers with SSL but most are built in
with a specific RTOS, Such as QNX /SMX.

Allegro seem to have one that may be suitable, but I have yet to get a
response.

Best regards

Eoin