From: philae on
Hi,
I'm using Ubuntu and I need to program pic 16f877 for my course . I
downloaded piklab and when I connect the pic from usb nothing happened i.e
Ubuntu didn't see the PIC. How can I solve this problem?

Thanx, P.

---------------------------------------
From: Tim Wescott on
philae wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm using Ubuntu and I need to program pic 16f877 for my course . I
> downloaded piklab and when I connect the pic from usb nothing happened i.e
> Ubuntu didn't see the PIC. How can I solve this problem?

I dimly recall that you need to make yourself a member of the group that
has access to USB -- Google is your friend.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com
From: Stanley Starinski on
> I'm using Ubuntu... Ubuntu didn't see the PIC. How can I solve this
> problem?

By using Windows7, deeps**t?
Keep using Ubuntu, expect grea tresults.

From: Stanley Starinski on

From: Grant Edwards on
On 2010-05-13, philae <duygu_the_duygu(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm using Ubuntu and I need to program pic 16f877 for my course . I
> downloaded piklab and when I connect the pic from usb nothing
> happened i.e Ubuntu didn't see the PIC. How can I solve this problem?

In my experience PIC is very Unix-hostile (besides which, the CPU
architectures are very ugly). I find Atmel AVR to be a lot more
Unix-friendly. TI MSP430 isn't quite as Unix-friendly as the AVR, but
it's still way better than PIC (and the MSP430 architecture is _so_
much nicer than the PIC).

If you really have no choice and have to suffer the indignity of using
a PIC, then you might try installing Windows under Qemu or one of the
other virtual machines and setting up USB pass-through.

--
Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Hello, GORRY-O!!
at I'm a GENIUS from HARVARD!!
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: HTTPS