From: Gustavo Portales on
Hi, I'm playing a lot with the ROM2.09 and I have modified the content
of the VERSION command.

http://foro.gaak.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40

Subscribe: http://www.youtube.com/YouGaak

Also: http://hpcalc.gaak.org/?id=vid&w=YmCGTCh9uVg

- Gaak -
From: TW on
> Hi, I'm playing a lot with the ROM2.09 and I have modified the content
> of the VERSION command.

The other videos are quite nice, but with this I just have to ask -
why?

TW
From: TW on
On Feb 15, 10:52 am, TW <timwess...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi, I'm playing a lot with the ROM2.09 and I have modified the content
> > of the VERSION command.
>
> The other videos are quite nice, but with this I just have to ask -
> why?

I guess I should clarify as that may sound not how it was intented.

The other videos were showing something very useful. This just seems
to be showing how you can use a hex editor to replace a little bit of
text in a binary, but not in a way you could load the rom anywhere
else or anything like that. Am I missing something here?

TW
From: Gustavo Portales on
On Feb 15, 12:52 pm, TW <timwess...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi, I'm playing a lot with the ROM2.09 and I have modified the content
> > of the VERSION command.
>
> The other videos are quite nice, but with this I just have to ask -
> why?
>
> TW

Thanks, Camtasia Studio 6.0 is my only software.
This is your answer?

- Gaak -
From: Avatar_e on
On 15 feb, 15:01, Gustavo Portales <nore...(a)gaak.org> wrote:
> On Feb 15, 12:52 pm, TW <timwess...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hi, I'm playing a lot with the ROM2.09 and I have modified the content
> > > of the VERSION command.
>
> > The other videos are quite nice, but with this I just have to ask -
> > why?
>
> > TW
>
> Thanks, Camtasia Studio 6.0 is my only software.
> This is your answer?
>
> - Gaak -

I think the question was about the futility of this video (and
procedure) compared to the others from your Youtube's channel, not
about the recording software.

Can the CRC tampered in someway? What it is the strength of the CRC
signature (possibility of collisions)?