From: Christopher X. Candreva on
If anyone actually wants to play with ISA design, I have a 16 bit ISA proto card
gathering dust. It's a JDR Microdevices PDS-611:

http://www.jdr.com/interact/item.asp?itemno=PDS-611

All docs available, for sale for $41.44 (or half of whatever JDR wants that
day) plus shipping from New York.

-Chris

Chris Candreva -- chris(a)westnet.com -- (914) 967-7816
http://www.westnet.com/
From: Jonathan Kirwan on
On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 21:49:56 -0500, keith <krw(a)att.bizzzz> wrote:

>It's certainly within the upper-end hobbyist's realm. ...at least with
>the PLX bridge chips or prototype cards.

There, I may agree.

Jon
From: Paul Burke on
Nico wrote:
> So, I want to learn how to build and work/play with PCI interfaces. Can you
> suggest what is the easiest and low-cost way of involving with the PCI bus
> to learn with hands on experiments?

Like most other people, I'd recommend PLX, it's cheap enough especially
for simple targets (no bus mastering). You probably won't understand the
PCI bus much more after you've done it though- you are insulated from
all that if you just follow the reference design.

For drivers, TVicH co0mes to mind, it's shareware, so you get a bother
screen until you buy it, but it's reasonably cheap.

Paul Burke
From: aiiadict on
Keith wrote:

>>They have PCI<->ISA brifges that work
>>quite well. There are also PCI<->ISA cards

Can you let me know where I can get a PCI to
ISA card?

Modern computer with PCI only, need to plug
in an ISA card.

Rich

From: Andras Tantos on
<aiiadict(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Keith wrote:
>
>>>They have PCI<->ISA brifges that work
>>>quite well. There are also PCI<->ISA cards
>
> Can you let me know where I can get a PCI to
> ISA card?
>
> Modern computer with PCI only, need to plug
> in an ISA card.
>
> Rich

Generic cards are hard to come by and probably wouldn't work. There can only
be one PCI-to-ISA bridge in a system and that's usually in the chipset
(nowdays it is the bridge towards the LPC bus). PLX has a board with the
PCI9052 that has an ISA bus slot on it (the PCI 9052RDK-LITE for $299) but
that's far from being a universal solution.

Regards,
Andras Tantos

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7