From: jt64 on
Ship (A) travel 0.99c approaching earth.
At a distance of 300 000 km as seen from planet (B) inertial frame the
ship start a framed TV transmission.

The transmission is such that 60 frames will be sent from ship (A)
during the distance of 300 000 km relative earths inertial frame.

Now my question.

1. How long time will it take to travel to planet using (ship point of
view).
2. What is the framerate for the transmission within the ship.(ship
point of view)
3. How long will it take until the front of first frame is received at
planet.(planet point of view)
4. How long will it take until the ship pass planet.(planet point of
view)
(*5*) How long was the time span between the first and last
frame(planet point of view)

JT

From: Sorcerer on

<jt64(a)tele2.se> wrote in message
| Ship (A) travel 0.99c approaching earth.
| At a distance of 300 000 km as seen from planet (B) inertial frame the
| ship start a framed TV transmission.
|
| The transmission is such that 60 frames will be sent from ship (A)
| during the distance of 300 000 km relative earths inertial frame.
|
| Now my question.

Do your own homework.
Androcles.

From: jt64 on
I aready gave the answers in another thread but nobody confirmed they
was right.
So i changed strategy.

JT

From: rotchm@gmail.com on
> Ship (A) travel 0.99c approaching earth.
> At a distance of 300 000 km as seen from planet (B) inertial frame the
> ship start a framed TV transmission.
>
> The transmission is such that 60 frames will be sent from ship (A)
> during the distance of 300 000 km relative earths inertial frame.

Thats all not clear and confusing. Rephrase it all. But I will attempt
answer...
v=.99c,b=v/c, d=300 000 000m, N=#frames sent out in d. All this is wrt
Earth.

> Now my question.
>
> 1. How long time will it take to travel to planet using (ship point of
> view).

Planet?, you mean earth?:

(d/v)*sqrt(1-b2)

> 2. What is the framerate for the transmission within the ship.(ship
> point of view)

Unknown bc you have not specified a frame rate. You only specified a
number of frames in d meters, these frames have not been supposed to be
done at a constant rate. Did you mean 60 fps? or 1 frame at beginning
and 59 frames at end of trip? etc...

> 3. How long will it take until the front of first frame is received at
> planet.(planet point of view)

Again, when was the first frame sent out?

> 4. How long will it take until the ship pass planet.(planet point of
> view)

t=d/v

> (*5*) How long was the time span between the first and last
> frame(planet point of view)

60 frames in 300 000 000 meters, as posed in the problem, or 60
frames in (d/v) seconds.

From: jt64 on

rotchm(a)gmail.com skrev:

> > Ship (A) travel 0.99c approaching earth.
> > At a distance of 300 000 km as seen from planet (B) inertial frame the
> > ship start a framed TV transmission.
> >
> > The transmission is such that 60 frames will be sent from ship (A)
> > during the distance of 300 000 km relative earths inertial frame.
>
> Thats all not clear and confusing. Rephrase it all. But I will attempt
> answer...
> v=.99c,b=v/c, d=300 000 000m, N=#frames sent out in d. All this is wrt
> Earth.
>

> > Now my question.
> >
> > 1. How long time will it take to travel to planet using (ship point of
> > view).
>
> Planet?, you mean earth?:

Well earth planet whatever.

> (d/v)*sqrt(1-b2)
>
> > 2. What is the framerate for the transmission within the ship.(ship
> > point of view)
>
> Unknown bc you have not specified a frame rate. You only specified a
> number of frames in d meters, these frames have not been supposed to be
> done at a constant rate. Did you mean 60 fps? or 1 frame at beginning
> and 59 frames at end of trip? etc...

I should specified that the transmission was sent at constant rate
(most unaccelerated TV are) the rate is such that during the 300 000 km
trip to earth the ship release 60 frames.
First bits first frame start sending from 300 000 km
Last bits of last frame reached earth at 0 km

> > 3. How long will it take until the front of first frame is received at
> > planet.(planet point of view)

First bits first frame start sending from 300 000 km
Last bits of last frame reached earth at 0 km

> > 4. How long will it take until the ship pass planet.(planet point of
> > view)
>
> t=d/v
>
> > (*5*) How long was the time span between the first and last
> > frame(planet point of view)
>
> 60 frames in 300 000 000 meters, as posed in the problem, or 60
> frames in (d/v) seconds.

Hmmm really no! read again what i specified above i want to know
timespan between the first and last frame reach earth.

JT

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: Basic postulates of SR