From: curt on

So far, I've purchased 2 wireless network cards and neither one of them
has 64 bit drivers available. Can anyone recommend a good, compatible
wireless card or better yet, point me in the direction of a list of
hardware which is runs on XP Pro x64 ?

Thanks,
Curt

P.S. Anyone want to buy two, like new PCI wireless network cards ?

From: Dennis Pack on
Ralink has x64 drivers for their wireless cards. "http://ralink.rapla.net/"
has a listing of the cards with the RT2500 chipset.

From: Barb Bowman on
which card exactly and what chip/radio? planetamd64 has drivers for
some..

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
From: Mark Gillespie on
On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 03:50:03 +0100, curt <crhras(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> So far, I've purchased 2 wireless network cards and neither one of them
> has 64 bit drivers available. Can anyone recommend a good, compatible
> wireless card or better yet, point me in the direction of a list of
> hardware which is runs on XP Pro x64 ?
>
> Thanks,
> Curt
>
> P.S. Anyone want to buy two, like new PCI wireless network cards ?

Unfortunatly, it's not as simple as which cards, as many manufacturers
change chipsets, and still call the card the same product name (DLink are
notorious for this, as is Linksys).

Basically, you have 2 options. RALink, and Broadcom based chipsets, as
they both have good driver support for x64. What products contain these
chipsets, is the diffucult bit.

Try looking at the cards (athough the chips may be covered with a RF
shielding can).

I have a Linksys 54G working fine in x64 (and Linux), but it's hit and
miss, as the Linksys 54G has 2 revisions, 1 with the compatible Broadcom
chipset, the other with some other non-compatible chipset.

Perhaps ebay may be a good option, as the seller may be willing to unscrew
the can cover and look at the chipset markings, or be able to identify the
chipset manufacturer from the drivers installed (look at the driver
properties, see if they indicate Broadcom or Ralink)

Good Luck. Don't give up on x64, it's worth the hassle in the long run.....
From: Curt on

Here are the two cards and their chipsets :

1) Hawking HWP54G Rev. T2 Chip: TNETW1130 GVF
2) SMC 2802W Rev 01 Chip: ISL3886 PIK

I've googled and searched but come up empty. If anyone has any ideas I
would be very grateful...

Thanks,
Curt