From: Nil on
On 05 Mar 2010, "Mark A. Sam" <MarkASam(a)EmEssEn.Com> wrote in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> Thank you for your responses. I'm kind of excited to try it. I
> know about Vista. Uggh. What a dog.

I have computers running XP, Vista, and Windows 7. I have no great
problems with Vista - it works just fine for me. Win 7 is more like
Vista than XP If you truly hate Vista as you say, you might not like
Win 7 either.
From: Mark A. Sam on

No, it is simply because Vista was very slow. I'm currently taking on
Dreamweaver, Flash, and soon Apple, which are all strangers to me.
Everything in the past was Microsoft. So adapting isn't the issue.

From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 12:07:36 -0500, "Mark A. Sam"
<MarkASam(a)EmEssEn.Com> wrote:

> No, it is simply because Vista was very slow.

No, it isn't. Undoubtedly you are ascribing to Vista what should be
blamed on one or both of the following:

1. Your hardware was inadequate for Vista. For example, you might not
have had enough RAM for the applications you ran under Vista.

2. You were infected with malware.

> I'm currently taking on
> Dreamweaver, Flash, and soon Apple, which are all strangers to me.
> Everything in the past was Microsoft. So adapting isn't the issue.
>

> > Good, glad to hear it. But please pay attention to point 3 below. I
> > suspect that your dislike of Vista was largely because you didn't
> > "give yourself enough time to adapt to the differences."

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
From: Mark A. Sam on
I don't know the RAM, but they were all new machines with Home Edition. One
I updated to Ultimate so it could join a domain. A friend told me that his
ran well after he configured it. But I had heard a lot of people complain
of sluggishness. It doesn't matter, since it is off the market.

From: apistomaster(nospam) on
I just bought a Sony Vaio NW and a $1000 build of a Dell Studio 17
laptop and am going from only experience with XP except the one Vista
Laptop I helped a friend set up, And there are new ways of doing thing
to learn but I find I do like my Windows Home Premium a lot.
Both are 64 bit versions and have 4 gb RAM.