From: Mark A. Sam on
Hello,

I am considering a new machine and can get it with XP installed, but want to
try Windows 7. I have heard good reports about it. Is anyone using it and
can comment about it?

Thank you and God Bless,

Mark A. Sam

From: R. McCarty on
7 is fine. A well thought out, highly polished OS. If you're willing to
use and adapt to some minor changes ( new Taskbar ) you'll quickly
come to like using it.
If XP compatibility is one of your concerns you can get Professional
or Ultimate and it comes with XP mode. ( Virtualized XP ).

From: Rhino on

"Mark A. Sam" <MarkASam(a)EmEssEn.Com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am considering a new machine and can get it with XP installed, but want
> to try Windows 7. I have heard good reports about it. Is anyone using it
> and can comment about it?

I don't have Windows 7 on my own computer but I was on a lot of customer
computers on my last job, which ended recently, doing tech support. A good
number of those customers had Windows 7 and we found it quite easy to work
with. Whereas Vista was a pain in the rear for at least the first year due
to any number of problems, Windows 7 seemed to work very well from the very
beginning. Apparently, there was a large beta program for Windows 7 and I
suspect that has made all the difference; all the major bugs were found -
and fixed - BEFORE they released it to the general public.

I don't want to guarantee you a trouble-free experience - computers are just
too complex and there are too many variations in hardware to hope for that -
but you should have a lot less trouble than most Vista users did with
Windows 7.

--
Rhino

From: Mark A. Sam on
Thank you for your responses. I'm kind of excited to try it. I know about
Vista. Uggh. What a dog. My client is purchasing a Mac and I'll be
configuring that with Windows7. I'm looking forward to that also, as I have
no experience with a Mac.

From: smlunatick on
On Mar 5, 12:14 pm, "R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSp...(a)mindspring.com>
wrote:
>  7 is fine. A well thought out, highly polished OS. If you're willing to
> use and adapt to some minor changes ( new Taskbar ) you'll quickly
> come to like using it.
>  If XP compatibility is one of your concerns you can get Professional
> or Ultimate and it comes with XP mode. ( Virtualized XP ).
>
> "Mark A. Sam" <MarkA...(a)EmEssEn.Com> wrote in messagenews:uF3cUyFvKHA.5008(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>
> > Hello,
>
> > I am considering a new machine and can get it with XP installed, but want
> > to try Windows 7.  I have heard good reports about it.  Is anyone using it
> > and can comment about it?
>
> > Thank you and God Bless,
>
> > Mark A. Sam

Consider Professional as the better choice. Ultimate mainly offers
BitLocker and the additional GUI languages. For me, not the worth the
price. (I have it.)