From: beanz on
Hi, I've just re-installed Vista64 and one of the 58 updates refuses to
install!?!

Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB955020)

Installation date: ‎20/‎07/‎2008 19:52

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 80091007

Update type: Important

I've tried installing it 3 times, but it only gets to 34% then fails. Any
idea why?
From: MowGreen [MVP] on
beanz wrote:

> Hi, I've just re-installed Vista64 and one of the 58 updates refuses to
> install!?!
>
> Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB955020)
>
> Installation date: ‎20/‎07/‎2008 19:52
>
> Installation status: Failed
>
> Error details: Code 80091007
>
> Update type: Important
>
> I've tried installing it 3 times, but it only gets to 34% then fails. Any
> idea why?

Have you read the KB article yet ?:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955020

The words "Friendster," "Klum," "Nazr," "Obama," and "Racicot" are not
recognized when you check the spelling in Windows Vista and in Windows
Server 2008

Suggest not wasting time with trying to get this update installed and
use the recommended Workaround on the above page.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten