From: "Nick allan" on
Hi all

Has anyone got any ideas why the following isn't giving me correct filename
in the ie save dialogue

header('Content-Type: application/msword');

header('Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="PurchaseReq.doc"');

I get the save dialogue, but with preq.doc instead of PurchaseReq.doc

Preq.php is the calling php file. It has worked before so I'm not sure what
I've changed to have it stop working.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Regards Nick

From: Richard Quadling on
On 27 February 2010 04:32, Nick allan <nallan(a)wdev.net> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Has anyone got any ideas why the following isn't giving me correct filename
> in the ie save dialogue
>
> header('Content-Type: application/msword');
>
>  header('Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="PurchaseReq.doc"');
>

> I get the save dialogue, but with preq.doc instead of PurchaseReq.doc
>
> Preq.php is the calling php file. It has worked before so I'm not sure what
> I've changed to have it stop working.
>

> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
>

> Regards Nick

What happens if you drop the quotes around the filename?

--
-----
Richard Quadling
From: "Nick allan" on
Interesting the following works
Changing the " to '. If I leave the ' around the filename, the ' becomes part of the filename. But it seemed to be more about changing the surrounding ' to " that fixed it. Not sure why this is, but its working now.

From: Ashley Sheridan on
On Sat, 2010-02-27 at 23:48 +1100, Nick allan wrote:

> Interesting the following works
> Changing the " to '. If I leave the ' around the filename, the ' becomes part of the filename. But it seemed to be more about changing the surrounding ' to " that fixed it. Not sure why this is, but its working now.
>

> header('Content-Type: application/msword');
> header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=PurchaseReq.doc");

The HTTP header doesn't treat quoteation marks in the same way that PHP
does. It needs double quote marks to function correctly.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

From: Kim Madsen on
Ashley Sheridan wrote on 01/03/2010 07:13:

> The HTTP header doesn't treat quoteation marks in the same way that PHP
> does. It needs double quote marks to function correctly.

How do you mean? And do you have a link to this information?

Even if this is true, then the first Nick did should still be correct?

header('Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="PurchaseReq.doc"');

I'm using the same headers for downloads, allthough I use double qoutes
for the header function aswell:

header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=\"artist - title.mp3\"");

--
Kind regards
Kim Emax - masterminds.dk