From: Bobby28 on
XP Professional SP2 machine started displaying the following message:
"c:\windows\system\vgaoem.fon is missing or corrupted".
That was during every boot up. I got the file copied. It then displayed
"Sorry for the inconvience, windows did not shut down properly last time
etc...." and I have the choice of Safe Mode, Last known good, Normal,
etc...... whatever I try, it gets to the XP logo screen, with the blue bar,
blinks off for a second & back on, then reboots. Over & Over. I have the xp
dosk and have tried everything I know but can't get it fixed. Thanks for the
help.
From: Byte on
Go to Start>Search for a copy of the font file. You may have deleted or
moved it.
There should be a copy under C:\Windows\Fonts directory. If it is somewheres
else, rightclick it and copy then paste it to the Fonts directory. Reboot.