From: Hamjackie100 on
I just came onto a project and got a 1700 line project plan from the previous
4 project managers.

Q. Is it normal for tasks with unassigned ? empty resources to show that
task in the Resource Usage window?

And then on the Gantt View, when I add a resource under that column, it then
shows up on the Task line as a Task!

I've never seen this happen before. Any ideas?????? J
From: Andrew Lavinsky on

> Q. Is it normal for tasks with unassigned ? empty resources to show
> that task in the Resource Usage window?

Sure - it shows up under the "Unassigned" label.

> And then on the Gantt View, when I add a resource under that column,
> it then shows up on the Task line as a Task!

Not sure I follow. If you add a resource to a blank line in the Gantt chart,
it will create a new task. Are you adding the resource in the same row as
the target task, or in the row underneath?

- Andrew Lavinsky
Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

From: Trevor Rabey on
If you send it to me I will fix it.
--
Trevor Rabey
0407213955

From: lbethel on

Are you certain you're entering the resource in the Resource Name or
Resource Initials column? When you double click the task and select the
resource tab can you select the resource?