From: dark54555 on
Also tried the registry reset solution linked, did not work. (Same errors.)

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
The good news is that Automatic Updates was working as recently as 20 Jun-08
and you're not "short" any updates as of 02 Jul-08, as far as I can tell.
[No updates for WinXP SP2 have been released since KB951376 was rereleased
last month.]

So, how did you determine that you were "short a few windows updates"?

> ...Spybot was uninstalled

When Spybot was installed, was Tea Timer disabled?

Did you "undo" all Immunizations before uninstalling Spybot?

============================

Support for Windows Update:
~PA Bear

From: dark54555 on
Mostly that I didn't have SP3 yet (when I say short, I mean from possible
updates, not just automatic ones).

My wife installed spybot, so I can't say if she checked tea timer or not.
However, the program wasn't ever run to my knowledge, as I uninstalled it
more or less as soon as I saw it as I've had some issues with SpyBot before.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Having uninstalled Spybot without first "undoing" the Immunizations and
without first fully disabling Tea Timer [1] (if it had been enabled) /may/
be the cause of the current behavior. YMMV.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Support for Windows Update:

security updates.
[1] See http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=32409