From: thrillme on
Please help if you can.

I've worked with PS CS3 for months. Suddenly, when I started PS, it
stated in several Alert boxes at startup that several commands or
objects are not
available:

"The command "Make" is not currently available.
The command "Feather" is not currently available.
The command "Layer Via Copy" is not currently available.
The object "layer" is not currently available.
The command "Fill" is not currently available.
The object "current layer" is not currently available."

I don't know why these Alert boxes appeared, or what to do to make the
command available. Honestly, I don't even know what I'm missing at this
point.

Should I reinstall Photoshop?

Any help would be deeply appreciated!

thrillme

From: Mike Russell on
On Wed, 2 Sep 2009 16:51:47 -0700, thrillme wrote:

> Please help if you can.
>
> I've worked with PS CS3 for months. Suddenly, when I started PS, it
> stated in several Alert boxes at startup that several commands or
> objects are not
> available:
>
> "The command "Make" is not currently available.
> The command "Feather" is not currently available.
> The command "Layer Via Copy" is not currently available.
> The object "layer" is not currently available.
> The command "Fill" is not currently available.
> The object "current layer" is not currently available."
>
> I don't know why these Alert boxes appeared, or what to do to make the
> command available. Honestly, I don't even know what I'm missing at this
> point.
>
> Should I reinstall Photoshop?
>
> Any help would be deeply appreciated!
>
> thrillme

This is a new one on me. I'll be a beer if you hold down ctrl-alt-delete
during startup, and click OK to reset your prefs, all the problems will go
away. If not, try re-installing, and then stop by anytime in Berkeley, CA
for a thrilling beer.
--
Mike Russell - http://www.curvemeister.com
From: thrillme on
On 2009-09-02 21:03:59 -0700, Mike Russell
<groupsRE(a)MOVEcurvemeister.com> said:

> On Wed, 2 Sep 2009 16:51:47 -0700, thrillme wrote:
>
>> Please help if you can.
>>
>> I've worked with PS CS3 for months. Suddenly, when I started PS, it
>> stated in several Alert boxes at startup that several commands or
>> objects are not
>> available:
>>
>> "The command "Make" is not currently available.
>> The command "Feather" is not currently available.
>> The command "Layer Via Copy" is not currently available.
>> The object "layer" is not currently available.
>> The command "Fill" is not currently available.
>> The object "current layer" is not currently available."
>>
>> I don't know why these Alert boxes appeared, or what to do to make the
>> command available. Honestly, I don't even know what I'm missing at this
>> point.
>>
>> Should I reinstall Photoshop?
>>
>> Any help would be deeply appreciated!
>>
>> thrillme
>
> This is a new one on me. I'll be a beer if you hold down ctrl-alt-delete
> during startup, and click OK to reset your prefs, all the problems will go
> away. If not, try re-installing, and then stop by anytime in Berkeley, CA
> for a thrilling beer.

You might see me any day now, because resetting preferences didn't fix
the problem. (BTW, it's Alt-Control-Shift, but made no difference.) I
guess I'm going to have to reinstall soon.

Berkeley's a great little town, isn't it?

Your friendly neighbor,
thrillme

From: Mike Russell on
On Wed, 2 Sep 2009 23:27:55 -0700, thrillme wrote:

> You might see me any day now, because resetting preferences didn't fix
> the problem. (BTW, it's Alt-Control-Shift, but made no difference.) I
> guess I'm going to have to reinstall soon.
>
> Berkeley's a great little town, isn't it?
>
> Your friendly neighbor,
> thrillme

OK - besides Berkeley, I'll be good for a beer at Photoshop World in Las
Vegas, if you're going to be there. :-)
--
Mike Russell - http://www.curvemeister.com