From: Lauren Orda on
Would someone please advise me on this problem.
When I click on "Start", all the programs that were previously listed, are
not there. When I retrieve a program by other means, the next time I click
on "Start" it is listed. However, if I do not use that particular program
for a while it disappears from the "Start" listing again. This is a nuisance
and very time consuming. Your kind advice please.

From: Fred on

"Lauren Orda" <cis123(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Would someone please advise me on this problem.
> When I click on "Start", all the programs that were previously listed, are
> not there. When I retrieve a program by other means, the next time I
> click on "Start" it is listed. However, if I do not use that particular
> program for a while it disappears from the "Start" listing again. This is
> a nuisance and very time consuming. Your kind advice please.

I guess you are using Start Menu (Select this menu style for easy access to
the internet, e-mail and your favorite programs)
rather than Classic Start Menu (Select this option to use the menu style
from earlier versions of Windows)

If the former try dragging the icons of the most used programs above the
narrow line to the space where Internet Explorer and E-mail icons reside.

From: Lauren Orda on

"Fred" <bluser(a)gaymail.com> wrote in message

> "Lauren Orda" <cis123(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Would someone please advise me on this problem.
>> When I click on "Start", all the programs that were previously listed,
>> are not there. When I retrieve a program by other means, the next time I
>> click on "Start" it is listed. However, if I do not use that particular
>> program for a while it disappears from the "Start" listing again. This is
>> a nuisance and very time consuming. Your kind advice please.
>
> I guess you are using Start Menu (Select this menu style for easy access
> to the internet, e-mail and your favorite programs)
> rather than Classic Start Menu (Select this option to use the menu style
> from earlier versions of Windows)
>
> If the former try dragging the icons of the most used programs above the
> narrow line to the space where Internet Explorer and E-mail icons reside.

Thanks for that Fred. Dragging the icons as you suggested seems to have done
the job.
I appreciate your input very much.
Kind Regards
Lauren