From: Robert Baer on
Bill wrote:
> I get message "Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this
> hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41) in Device
> Manager under the cd/dvd drive.
>
> If the machine is reformated the hardware is found. But after a few
> days or so, this message begins to pop up.
>
> Uninstalling the drive and letting the plug and play mechanism
> reinstall it does no good. The reinstalled drive arrives with the
> message intact.
>
> I have a warrantee on the machine and have sent it out 4 or 5 times
> for the same problem. The techs apparently reformat the machine and
> Windows finds the drive so they send it back and say it is not a
> hardware issue.
>
> Any help/advise is appreciated.
I do not know what or why, but i am willing to bet the damn CD/DVD
drive is SATA and you have foolishly followed the latest M$ trash (oops)
OSes and either have very UG: Vista or prettified UG: Win7.
I am using Win98Se and Win2K and have no problem with my SATA CD/DVD
drive even tho the MB hates win98SE for certain things.
Hell, i even found a driver for pure DOS that will read disks!