From: Simon S on
The following appeared in another forum (Google) recently:

"I know this has been a problem that has blighted Xp for some time. Basically
the 'Did You Know' section doesn't update stating there is no active
connection. All the other links within the center are fine and use my
internet connection. The 'Did You Know' had always previously worked but only
started not updating ironically about the time Vista was released to the
general public. Have Microsoft stopped updating this bit? I have tried all
the tricks like in internet advanced options ensuring http 1.1 with proxy
connections is checked and synching the system time. Nothing has changed on
my PC so I don't understand why this has stopped working. Any others having
the same issue? Any ideas? I know it's not a critical thing but I find it
annoying."

Having got this feature working some time ago, with the help of this forum,
I am now experiencing exactly the same situation as the poster I have quoted
- from the same time point also. Does anyone have an answer please?

( the only issue I have with the poster is that I got it working originally
by unticking http 1.1).

--
Thanks

Sim