From: Dev on
Hi,

I install WDK 5840 and built the sample minispy. I copied the sys, exe and
inf file to a directory and right-clicked the inf. I saw a flash of a dialog
and then nothing. When I try to run minispy.exe, the following error occured:

Connecting to filter's port...
Could not connect to filter: 0x80070002

I did sc for the driver:

C:> sc qc minispy
[SC] GetServiceConfig SUCCESS

SERVICE_NAME: minispy
TYPE : 2 FILE_SYSTEM_DRIVER
START_TYPE : 3 DEMAND_START
ERROR_CONTROL : 1 NORMAL
BINARY_PATH_NAME : system32\DRIVERS\minispy.sys
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP : FSFilter Activity Monitor
TAG : 4
DISPLAY_NAME : Minispy
DEPENDENCIES : FltMgr
SERVICE_START_NAME :

Can someone tell what is wrong?

Thanks in advance.

From: soviet_bloke on
Are you sure you did not forget to actually start the service???

After all, the excerpt from the .inf file that you have presented
makes it very clear that the START_TYPE is 3, which means the service
is not going to get started without someone's assistance (i.e. either
manually or as StartService() call, made by some application)

Anton Bassov