From: "Dave "Mod Bod" Modisette" on
I've got a Ludwig acoustic kit taking up closet space. I doubt if I
ever will take the time to mic up a kit and try to get a good drum sound
in a home studio environment when I have a Trapkat and Superior Drummer
set up and ready to go.

I've got 3 mounted toms starting at 10" dia. I can't get to them easily
so I think they are 10", 12" and 14". One floor tom. A kick. (22" I
think) Metal snare. the toms have the "Rims" mounting system. I've
got a great thin crash - Zildjian 14", and a dark ride - Zildjian. The
other is an off brand crash/ride - a Paiste or Sabian - I think.

I'm keeping the throne for the Trap Kat. I have a cheap Pearl pedal,
DW5000 Hihat with 13" Zildjian hat cymbals. Stands for the cymbals.

I believe the set is from the mid to late 80s. The guy who originally
owned it was very proud of it when he bought it and wouldn't let anyone
touch it. IIRC, it was a fairly pricey kit in it's day.

I'm not looking to make a large buck for it and will offer it up as a
trade possibility for instruments that I might use.

What's a good - Get it out the door price?
--
Dave "Mod Bod" Modisette

http://www.gatortraks.com/forum
http://www.gatortraks.com
From: "Dave "Mod Bod" Modisette" on
Glennbo wrote:
> In news:4c012504$0$5003$9a6e19ea(a)unlimited.newshosting.com the killer
> robot "Dave \"Mod Bod\" Modisette" <dmodisette(a)gatortraks.com> grabbed
> the controls of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these
> buttons...
>
>> What's a good - Get it out the door price?
>
> Well, a brand new kit like you are describing would cost between
> $489.00 to $679.00, and that's just the shell pack with no cymbals.
>
> http://drums-percussion.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ludwig-Element-5Piece-Fusion-Drum-Shell-Pack-with-Free-8-x-7-Tom?sku=582206
> http://drums-percussion.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ludwig-Element-Lacquer-5Piece-Power-Fusion-Drum-Shell-Pack-with-Free-8-x-7-Tom-Drum?sku=582211
>
> Depending on what series the cymbals are will make a big difference.
> For instance, the 20" Zildjian "A" ride I use on my live kit is $264.95,
> but you can get a 20" Zildjian "ZBT" ride for $104.95, so there is a
> wide spread on cymbals.
>
> http://drums-percussion.musiciansfriend.com/product/Zildjian-A-Series-Ping-Ride-Cymbal?sku=443834
> http://drums-percussion.musiciansfriend.com/product/Zildjian-ZBT-Ride-Cymbal?sku=444593
>
> I would guess that asking between $1000.00 to $1200.00 for that kit
> with cymbals and pedals wouldn't be out of line. Taking 8 or 9 to
> regain some studio space prolly wouldn't be either. ;)

Thanks. I'd be happy to swap it for an EPI 335 dot or an Epi with P90s.
Or maybe another bass that might be different. Maybe a MIM Jazz or P
Bass.

--
Dave "Mod Bod" Modisette

http://www.gatortraks.com/forum