From: TimK on
So I did it, went from 2.2 to 8.5 Producer.

It's like moving into a new house and you can't find anything.

But it has air conditioning.
And indoor plumbing.

I'm gonna love this as soon as I get used to it!

Here's why I'm no threat to anyone who does music for a living (also, sorry
for the Iphone video).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egtEzVy0KRw

I look forward to finishing that piece in 8.5.

From: Martin Holmes on
You are gonna love it!

I like your ambient backing track for the fire. Post it somewhere when
it's finished.

Cheers,
Martin

From: TimK on

"Martin Holmes" <mholmesDEATHTOSPAM(a)uvic.ca> wrote in message
> You are gonna love it!

You are so right - I love it and wonder why I waited so long. It's not as
CPU-greedy and it just sounds better. Not to mention the ability to use
autotune will make my bad guitar playing sound better.

> I like your ambient backing track for the fire. Post it somewhere when
> it's finished.

Thanks, I will. I wish I'd had a better video camera but I had a job to do,
even if as a volunteer, so I had to go with the Iphone. It doesn't begin to
show how hard it hit the trees. I shall probably re-do it as a slide show
with fire stills and other shots showing the "re-birth" of the vegetation.

From: Papa Homer on

"TimK" <timkozz(a)cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
> So I did it, went from 2.2 to 8.5 Producer.
>
> It's like moving into a new house and you can't find anything.
>
> But it has air conditioning.
> And indoor plumbing.
>
> I'm gonna love this as soon as I get used to it!
>
> Here's why I'm no threat to anyone who does music for a living (also,
> sorry for the Iphone video).
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egtEzVy0KRw
>
> I look forward to finishing that piece in 8.5.

Congrats on your upgrade.

I am thinking about upgrading myself to get the new features.
Last weekend however, I noticed an annoying event in 8.5 that I have not
seen in 7.

On my machine at home I have 7, my friends machine is very similar to mine
( I built them both)
The only differences are that he has a quad-core 9550 where I have a duo
8600, and he has upgraded to 8.5
Everything else is the same WinXP SP3 Intel MoBo Video Card, RAM.

I really like the look of 8.5 but when I use the nudge feature during
playback the application crashes.
Other than an occasional stutter the piece continues playing with the nudged
track in the new position with my machine running 7.

Has anyone else experienced that phenomenon?

Papa Homer

From: Papa Homer on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> In news:hu6nqa$24do$1(a)adenine.netfront.net the killer robot "Papa Homer"
> <hbrinlee.(a)hotmail.com> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
>> I really like the look of 8.5 but when I use the nudge feature during
>> playback the application crashes.
>> Other than an occasional stutter the piece continues playing with the
>> nudged track in the new position with my machine running 7.
>
> Sounds like the audio engine is struggling to get back on track, but can't
> because the DAW soft is busy trying to keep other balls in the air. I
> dropped out of Sonar at V5, but it seemed to not like anything being
> changed audio wise as playback was happening. A feature I don't miss.
>
> --
> Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
> ________ __
> / ____/ /__ ____ ____ / /_ ____
> Glennbo http://www.soundclick.com/glennbo
> Non-Linear Sound http://www.soundclick.com/jambits
> Hear My Music http://www.soundclick.com/ThePseudonyms

Thank you for your comment.
I have read a bit here about Reaper.
Can one do this in Reaper without the annoyance?

P.H.