From: Loki Harfagr on
Wed, 17 Mar 2010 21:49:46 -0700, gx Deng did cat :

> Hi,
>
> I am newbie in the sendmail rule. I need to write a rule as below
> requirement.
>
> -- usera(a)abc.com can only send mail to usera(a)def.abc.com
>
> Is it require to change the "check_compat" rule set ??
>
> I am using sendmail 8.12.11

the check_compat is exactly the opposite of what you described, it'd
allow you to deny some pairs of sender-recipients.
What I understand of what you described would be:

senderX -> recipientY is allowed
senderX -> anyotherrecipient is rejected

if that's correct then yes you'd have to rewrite some check_compat
ruleset in the like of:

-------
LOCAL_CONFIG
Kbannish regex -a(a)MATCH ^user[axz]@abc.com$

LOCAL_RULESETS
Scheck_compat
R< $+ > $| $+ $: $1 $| $2
R$+ $| < $+ > $: $1 $| $2
R$+ $| $+ $: $1 $| $(access ABCcage:$2 $:@NOTCH $)
R$+ $| $+ $: $(bannish $1 $:@NOTCH $) $| $2
R(a)MATCH $| @NOTCH $#error $: 553 You cant get there from here
-------

and populate your access map with the allowed recipient
-------
ABCcage: usera(a)def.abc.com OK
-------

Note that's only an example and there are other simpler rulesets possible
and much more intricate too, depending on how many special pairs you need
and especially how many separated pair-sets you'll need, simmer slightly
til ready ,-)