From: mobees on

I have been trying to remove a Trojan virus from a friend�s computer.
The virus name is Trojan.FakeAlert.BRG. I have tried several virus
removal tools. However, none seem to be able to remove all of the files
related to this virus. Can anyone help on this?

--
mobees
mobees's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/186836.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Regis on
mobees <mobees.46sw5b(a)DoNotSpam.com> writes:

> I have been trying to remove a Trojan virus from a friends computer.
> The virus name is Trojan.FakeAlert.BRG. I have tried several virus
> removal tools. However, none seem to be able to remove all of the files
> related to this virus. Can anyone help on this?

First, your post is not on-topic for this forum. This is a firewalls
newsgroup. I'm not sure which Indian forum is using this place as a
dumping ground for general security questions, but that's probably why
posts like this are ending up in the comp.security.firewalls
newsgroup.

But the answer to your question is to rebuild your friend's machine
from original optical media. Once you've been infected like this, you
can toy around with removal tools, but at best you'll have a machine
that functions again, yet you still can't entirely trust. At worst,
you'll be out untold hours of chasing your tail, still be infected,
and have introduced perhaps even more suspicious software to the
system, able to see your data.

I wish I had better news.

From: Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers on
mobees <mobees.46sw5b(a)donotspam.com> wrote:
> I have been trying to remove a Trojan virus from a friend?s computer.
> The virus name is Trojan.FakeAlert.BRG. I have tried several virus
> removal tools. However, none seem to be able to remove all of the
> files related to this virus. Can anyone help on this?

Removal tools (or instructions for manual removal) are no solution to an
infection, particularly not with malware that may download more malware
or may give an attacker remote access. One can never be sure what else
was modified on the system and thus can never be certain that the
malware was removed entirely.

cu
59cobalt
--Mark Russinovich
From: Jon Solberg on
On 2010-02-22, mobees <mobees.46sw5b(a)DoNotSpam.com> wrote:

> I have been trying to remove a Trojan virus from a friend’s computer.
> The virus name is Trojan.FakeAlert.BRG. I have tried several virus
> removal tools. However, none seem to be able to remove all of the files
> related to this virus. Can anyone help on this?

Yes. Unplug your friend's network cable, take backup of his important
files, wipe the machine and do a complete reinstall.

Next time, don't let him browse the web on the administrator account.

By the way, has this _anything_ remotely to do with firewalls?

--
Jon Solberg (remove "nospam." from email address).
From: jhanzab on

mobees;4831536 Wrote:
> I have been trying to remove a Trojan virus from a friend�s computer.
> The virus name is Trojan.FakeAlert.BRG. I have tried several virus
> removal tools. However, none seem to be able to remove all of the files
> related to this virus. Can anyone help on this?

answer:you must use SUPERANTISPYWARE this can remove all type of malware
viruses etc from your pc.i had tested it many times.
you can download it from
www.superantispyware.com/

--
jhanzab