From: Yaw on
Dear All:

I am trying to generate LMS (box cox power, median, SD) for a variable
I am working with and I understand Proc NLIN can complete this task
simulateously. I quite unfamiliar with Proc NLIN.

The syntax I am trying to working with:

proc NLIN data=today method= xx (eg. gauss newton);
param ......;
model y=something;
run;

My questions:

1. I understand I need to specify the parameters for my model, how do
I obtain the parameters that are suitable for my distribution. Does it
have to be try an error?

2. Does anybody know how I can obtain a measure skewness for the
distribution from this proc?

Has anybody encountered this task to share something with me?

Warm regards,
Yaw