From: r042wal on
I can't get Outlook to connect and everything is configured correctly.
Error is that Outlook is unavailable and/or username password is wrong.

1. Created a local certificate. Made a local 'test' web site SSL and
certificate works.
2. Tried to connect to https://mydomain.com/rpc and received HTTP Error
401.3 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to an ACL set on the requested
resource. Internet Information Services (IIS)
3. Authentication is basic
4. Https://mydomain.com/rpc/rpcproxy.dll gives blank screen with yellow
padlock in browser

The only irregularity I notice is when I am asked for my credentials, my
username and password is not accepted connecting to the server, but
administrator and password are. My account on my server has administrator
rights.

I am entering my credentials as mydomain.local\username

Any suggestions? I can connect with OWA from the same location. I can
remotely connect to my test web site with SSL and my server certificate is
accepted. Certificate in definatley installed in rpc web site.
Authentication is basic.

Help!

From: r042wal on
This is what RPCdump returns:

C:\>rpcdump /p ncacn_http
Querying Endpoint Mapper Database...
RpcMgmtEpEltInqNext:(Access is denied. ).

rpcdump failed after 1 seconds

From: Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] on
In news:%23VWJoA15GHA.4604(a)TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl,
r042wal <r042wal(a)nospam.gmail.com> typed:
> I can't get Outlook to connect and everything is configured correctly.
> Error is that Outlook is unavailable and/or username password is
> wrong.
> 1. Created a local certificate. Made a local 'test' web site SSL and
> certificate works.
> 2. Tried to connect to https://mydomain.com/rpc and received HTTP
> Error 401.3 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to an ACL set on the
> requested resource. Internet Information Services (IIS)
> 3. Authentication is basic
> 4. Https://mydomain.com/rpc/rpcproxy.dll gives blank screen with
> yellow padlock in browser

Just curious - why are you trying to browse to either?

> The only irregularity I notice is when I am asked for my credentials,
> my username and password is not accepted connecting to the server, but
> administrator and password are. My account on my server has
> administrator rights.
>
> I am entering my credentials as mydomain.local\username

That don't look right. You would either use

username(a)mydomain.local
or
DOMAIN\username

From: r042wal on
What about the

C:\>rpcdump /p ncacn_http

Querying Endpoint Mapper Database...

RpcMgmtEpEltInqNext:(Access is denied. ).

rpcdump failed after 1 seconds

Part?

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<lanwench(a)heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote in message
> In news:%23VWJoA15GHA.4604(a)TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl,
> r042wal <r042wal(a)nospam.gmail.com> typed:
>> I can't get Outlook to connect and everything is configured correctly.
>> Error is that Outlook is unavailable and/or username password is
>> wrong.
>> 1. Created a local certificate. Made a local 'test' web site SSL and
>> certificate works.
>> 2. Tried to connect to https://mydomain.com/rpc and received HTTP
>> Error 401.3 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to an ACL set on the
>> requested resource. Internet Information Services (IIS)
>> 3. Authentication is basic
>> 4. Https://mydomain.com/rpc/rpcproxy.dll gives blank screen with
>> yellow padlock in browser
>
> Just curious - why are you trying to browse to either?
>>
>> The only irregularity I notice is when I am asked for my credentials,
>> my username and password is not accepted connecting to the server, but
>> administrator and password are. My account on my server has
>> administrator rights.
>>
>> I am entering my credentials as mydomain.local\username
>
> That don't look right. You would either use
>
> username(a)mydomain.local
> or
> DOMAIN\username
>

>> Any suggestions? I can connect with OWA from the same location. I
>> can remotely connect to my test web site with SSL and my server
>> certificate is accepted. Certificate in definatley installed in rpc
>> web site. Authentication is basic.
>>
>> Help!

Pages: 1
Prev: Couldn't enable OWA