From: kemperflow on
This is driving me crazy. I created three groups; AP Managers and
General Invoices and Equipment Invoices. I then applied permissions to
a handful of documents. AP Managers are in all documents, and either
General or Equipment are added as well.

When I log into as AP Manager and I go straight to the doc library, I
see all docs (which is good)
When I log in as a General Invoice user, and I go to the library, I
only see the General Invoice documents (which is good)
When I logi in as an Equipment Invoice user, and I go to the library,
I only see the Equipment Invoice docs.. (perfect!)

I thought I was in great shape, but........

I have a base page in which I've added 4 document library web-parts,
each one is essentially a view based on the All Documents view and has
a single filter (Scanned, Hold, Rejected, Ready to Process).

When I log in as an AP Manager, I see all the documents, when I login
as either General or Equipment I don't see any docs, or I see one or 2
(out of 1000+ docs).

It seems that the permissions work fine for everyone when you go right
into the actual library, but when you go to the web part that is the
view, it only works for the managers.. I can't figure it out at all. I
tried to change all permissions on the site for all groups to be equal
and full-control, but I am stuck and don't know where to check.

How can it filter based on permissions correctly in the doc library,
but it doesn't work in a web part based on the same view?