From: Aznan on
Hi, i've downloaded SQL 2008 from our Licensed download page and upon running
the setup i selected "Trial" and there seems to be a Serial Key pre-entered .

I completed the setup and now if i open SQL Mgmt Studio and when i checked
on the "About" tab, there is nothing indicating the duration of the trial
version.

I'm not sure if it's a legitimate licensed version, cause we are entitled
for SA Benefit and i downloaded using our legitimate credentials.

How do i know when the trial version is expiring ?

or

Could it be a FULL version.

Please advise and thanks in advance

Aznan
The International School of Penang (Uplands)
Malaysia
From: Erland Sommarskog on
Aznan (aznan(a)discussions.microsoft.com) writes:
> Hi, i've downloaded SQL 2008 from our Licensed download page and upon
> running the setup i selected "Trial" and there seems to be a Serial Key
> pre-entered .
>
> I completed the setup and now if i open SQL Mgmt Studio and when i checked
> on the "About" tab, there is nothing indicating the duration of the trial
> version.
>
> I'm not sure if it's a legitimate licensed version, cause we are entitled
> for SA Benefit and i downloaded using our legitimate credentials.

I vaguely recall that the tools does in fact never expire, but I may be
wrong there.

In any case, you try this:

select serverproperty('Edition')

It should say "Evaluation Edition" or some such if you have the trial.

I don't know if there is a way to tell when the trial expires. I believe
the trial runs for 180 days.

Links for SQL Server Books Online: