From: ZIDAC on
Hi, i am from Spain, excuse my Inglish

I have a Windows Server 2003 R2 x64

1) can I install SQL 2000 Standard Edition?
2) Can I downgrade SQL 2008 Standard Edition licences to SQL 2000 Enterprise?
3) Need Windows 2003 R2 x64 SQL Enterprise Edition or can i install the SQL
Standard?

Thanks for all and excuse again my Inglish
From: Erland Sommarskog on
ZIDAC (ZIDAC(a)discussions.microsoft.com) writes:
> I have a Windows Server 2003 R2 x64
>
> 1) can I install SQL 2000 Standard Edition?

Yes. You will get a message saying that SQL 2000 RTM is not supported on
Win2003, but that you need to install SP3. Well, you should install SP4
which is the latest SP for SQL 2000 anyway.

> 2) Can I downgrade SQL 2008 Standard Edition licences to SQL 2000
> Enterprise?

When it comes to licensing question, you better ask your local Microsoft
office. This is a technical newsgroup, and licensing is a legal matter.

> 3) Need Windows 2003 R2 x64 SQL Enterprise Edition or can i install the
> SQL Standard?

I'm not sure what you are asking here. It seems to be the same question as
the first?

> Thanks for all and excuse again my Inglish

As long as you spell it "English", it's OK. :-)

Links for SQL Server Books Online: