From: rock on
Hi,

I have an old TUSL-C mobo and I want to update to a new one as I think
this one is on it's way out. Thing is, every now and then the whole
thing shuts down or goes to the XP blue screen.

On this box and with the new mobo, I want to do this. I use XP Pro.

PCI Controller to run 2 IDE HDs.. Master and Slave
Primary and Secondary on mobo to run 4 IDE Cdroms

I guess also need onboard LAN, AUDIO, USB2. Display also latho' I can
use a new card.

The box is for pretty much only multi CD/DVD burns.

My current case is an ATX but not sure whether that will be okay with
the new mobo.

Thanks

rock
From: Rich Barry on
Rock, if you just want to replace the motherboard with one of comparable
features and chipset ( Intel 815 ) then it shouldn't be
difficult to find one. Get a ATX Motherboard of 2002 vintage in order
to use all your existing components such as CPU and Ram (sdram). If you need
a Graphic Card a good AGP is fairly cheap though you can get a board with
integrated graphics. I imagine if you
use your system to burn Dvd/CD's primarily a good Power Supply would be a
good idea. Your Case if ATX will be fine.

From: JS on
Save the case,
Upgrade to a new power supply (500 Watt)
Replace motherboard with Socket 775.
Buy an Intel socket 775 compatible processor.
New Video card.
Upgrade your memory to DDR2.

The new motherboard should support both PATA (IDE) and SATA drives.

Need specifics or recommendations just ask!

--
JS
http://www.pagestart.com

From: rock on
Thank you guys.

I didn't think of the larger power supply!!

Happy New Year

rock