From: Mem on
Jorge,
the file you deleted was the one your computer was using to boot into. I've
been researching a very similar issue all morning. i have two windows
folders, one simply labeled "windows", the other labeled "windows.0". this
happened when the windows OS was being installed. most likely the
installation was frozen and restarted. this means the first "windows" file is
incomplete. the second "windows" file (windows.0) is the complete
installation of the operating system. I'm having error messages regarding
..dll files being corrupt and/or missing and i cannot use the built in
utilities to correct them so i am going to return the computer.
at this point you are going to have to reinstall the os. if you do a clean
install it will take longer, and especially if you have access to or better
yet the cd's containing the drivers and software you are going to be much
better off doing it that way.
good luck!

Mem
"sometimes the swiftest way to the finish line is the longest road"