From: Poker on
What did you do to fix this?

Glenn wrote:

Re: Exchange 2007 - can't send to the outside world
11-Jan-09

Please disregard - I found the error.

thanks.

On Saturday, January 10, 2009 9:57 PM
Glenn wrote:

Exchange 2007 - can't send to the outside world
I've just set up an Exchange 2007 server which will replace my Exchange
2003. I have only transitioned a couple of mailboxes.

The problem is that of the mailboxes I've transitioned those users can't
send to the outside world - they can only send internally.

I did set up a send connector. I have nothing in the FQDN space. Under
address space I have SMTP with address of *, under network I have the first
button (Use domain name system..) chosen, and have checked "Use the external
DNS lookup settings on the transport server (though I've tried unchecking
that with no results. Under source serve I have my exchange 2007 server
listed.

The messages just sit in the queue. I constantly "retry" with no luck. I
rebooted the server to no avail.

I ran the troubleshooting assistant, and it tells me "No local Hub Transport
server role computers detected. It appears that 'MSExchangeMailSubmission'
service on server exchange2007 has not yet discovered any servers with Hub
Transport server role installed in the local Active Directory site with GUID
....."

However, under the "information items" tab of the troubleshooting assistant
it says "Hub transport server role found"....Server Exchange2007 has the Hub
Transport server role installed and the required services are started.

I have Google numerous things read several articles, no luck.

Any suggestions as to what I'm missing here?

Thanks!

On Sunday, January 11, 2009 7:42 AM
Glenn wrote:

Re: Exchange 2007 - can't send to the outside world
Please disregard - I found the error.

thanks.

EggHeadCafe Chat Chaos in Silverlight Released Today
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/325ea67e-d6c4-4811-b096-54f31bdede5d/eggheadcafe-chat-chaos-in.aspx